Simmering on the back burner

>> Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You ever have that feeling that somethings gelling in your subconscious, that your brain is putting this or that together, cooking, percolating, building until, when it's ready, you'll be able to sit in front of the computer and have gorgeous prose just bust out of you?

I do. I get that a great deal.

Unfortunately, because of the way my brain works, my conscious mind has no insight into what wonders my subconscious might be working. I know I'm working on something; I can feel it, feel inspired.

The problem is that I have no idea what work is going on. I don't even know which of the eight or so projects I have in hand I'm working on. That's right, folks, I have no idea which novel I'll be working on.

Crazy.

On the other hand, what fun it is to see it in print for the first time, reading it like it was for the first time 'cause, hey, it will all be new to me. Crazy again, but kind of cool, too.

3 comments:

  • flit
     

    'sounds like the way my brain works re: writing some of my best essays .... I talk about writing them...think about writing them....but got nothing to say.... then all of a sudden, there it is. Thank God!

  • The Mother
     

    I frequently have something bubble up in my dreams. Not always usable, though.

  • Jeff King
     

    I am close to that... but once I get fixated on something, it consumes me 100%, I can't escape it. Once I finish my WIP to the best of my ability, I’ll see what happens. That will be a new experience for me, but there is not a chance to work on multiple manuscripts for me… my brain can’t handle it.

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations