Cover Artist Genius

>> Tuesday, March 12, 2019

In the past three years, one aspect of my writing endeavor has gleaned nothing but compliments and that has been my covers. I haven't gushed about them often but that's a bad on my part because I've had wonderful cover artists I've worked with. I've worked with several, though I may not have used their covers yet, and I have a couple of amazing covers from Brendan Smith, who I might talk about in another blog post.


Covers were a real problem for me. I tried to work with one group but the cover they sent me was far away from the tone of what I needed for my book and I had no options to change key elements like the font of all things. Then I tried to work with a freelancer but she was far out of my price range.

And then, after I had given up and drawn a bunch of my own covers:




Why yes, I am fond of purple. Anyway, I was working on a cover for Curse of the Jenri when I stumbled across a premade that was perfect, color-wise and content, for Curse of the Jenri.

 

Loraine became my go-to artist for covers and I found several other premades that spoke to me that I've used, though several are customs as well including reworking my existing covers.



 And, in fact, I have a bought and used a number of covers and there are more books coming with her work on them.


Not to mention this little lovely as my new logo:

Bottom line, Loraine does incredible work and I can't recommend her enough. You can find her on facebook (Ryn Katryn Digital Arts). Or check out her webpage





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations