Another Scavenger Hunt #Ritetoreign

>> Tuesday, November 20, 2018

I had a lot of fun with the scavenger hunt I did earlier. I LIKE encouraging people to check out places they wouldn't nominally go, find out more about my books and more about me, by extension.

So, I'd look to do that again, only this time there's going to be twenty questions and a bunch of prizes so more than one winner. .I'll also be sending you on quests to look at books by Mirren Hogan, my coauthor on Incantation which we wrote together for the Rite to Reign book bundle (coming out in just a few weeks). If you preorder, don't miss these great freebies. This will run until the Rite to Reign release date (December 11) and I will notify winners no later than December 15 2018. Just gather the answers and send me an email to stephanieebarr at gmail dot com.

As prizes I have five large black V-neck t-shirts, which are cool beans. I bought some for relatives and I have five extra.

 I also have ten codes for a free audio book version of Ideal Insurgent, my space opera full of rockets and EVA and badass cats and fire-breathing dogs and smart people. Smart people are my favorite and if they're smart asses, even better. I've got you covered with Ideal Insurgent.

Unfortunately, both are limited to the US. Sorry, folks.

I will choose fifteen winners of those who send correct answers and you can choose between codes or shirts until one or the other runs out.

For these, I'll be mostly using universal links, but you should be able to get the answer at any retailer's site you like. If you need a specific site, I'll make a note. 

Now, for the questions:

 1) In my my rollicking space opera Ideal Insurgent Bryder's well suited as a subversive, a chaos agent with laser-sharp instincts, a grudge against the Empire and what other commodity?

2) Tander in Curse of the Jenri, one of my epic fantasies, is bringing all the essentials you'd need on an epic quest: Skills, weapons, volatile fighting companions. Who else is he bringing on his quest you don't normally associate with an epic fantasy quest?

3) In Mirren Hogan's epic Dragonhaze, dragon riding is allowed but what's illegal?

4) What is on the cover of my poetry book, Musings of a Nascent Poet?

5) In Incantation, there's a plethora of critters. Using clues from this blog post, name four (see graphic).

6) Among the freebies for Rite to Reign, there are fifteen ebooks by various set authors and what unique item?

7) In my various books, I have quite a few shifters, not just your standard werewolves. Beast Within, book one of the Bete novels which specializes in shifters, has an MC that's not your average shifter. What does Xander shift into? (Bet you can tell from the cover)

8) The second Bete novel, Nine Lives, obviously involves cat shifters. Humans are a threat in this book and Laren hates humans, so why is Laren's choice to hook up with Darma so odd?

9) In the Rite to Reign book bundle, how many books are listed as having more than one author, like ours, Incantation, is? (Do include our book in your count)

10) How many flying cars are there in Incantation?

11) I have several precursor mini-anthologies available for each of my novels or series. For The Taming of Dracul Morsus, it's Second Slavery. For the Bete Novels, it's Power Struggle. For Tarot Queen, it's King of Swords. For Curse of the Jenri, it's Delicate Dangerous Queens. For Saving Tessa, it's Technical Difficulties [actually, this one is a sequel, not prequel]. What's the precursor mini-anthology for Ideal Insurgent?  [hint: if you use this link for smashwords, you'll get a some help.] Note also that all the mini-anthologies are free everywhere but amazon (and you can download files for your kindle at smashwords).

12) Speaking of free, I have another full up anthology, Conjuring Dreams, which showcases my earliest prose and how I taught myself to write and includes several great stories. There's also my poetry book, Musings of a Nascent Poet. Both books are free everywhere but Amazon. I have managed to get one of my freebies free on Amazon. What book is it?

13) I have a monthly newsletter, where I talk about writing, give updates on what's going on and include a free story every month. You can sign up in the little side box on this blog (top right) but it's not required for this question because the newsletters get posted on my facebook page. I sent out a newsletter on my birthday, November 19. What was the name of the story I included?

14) Although there's a bit of romance in most of my books, Tarot Queen is among the steamiest with my indomitable (no, really, don't let the first chapter fool you) Tarot Queen, Roxelle. What's the name of her significant other? If the link doesn't work (blogger is giving me fits) go to books2read.com/TarotQueen or use the link on #11.

15) If you love mythology, The Taming of Dracul Morsus is full of a new and varied pantheons of gods and goddesses and dragon and all matter of crazy things. Xana takes Dracul Morsus from his comfort zone. In fact, she drives him where? More than once.

16) I you like things a little closer to home, Saving Tessa is an action packed SF set only a few decades in the future. When Tessa gets kidnapped, what do the Maxcom folks want from Dylan?

17) In Mirren Hogan's Daughter of Shadows, Ataryn the keref shifter risks everything to become what?

18) How much does it cost to preorder the entire Rite to Reign set?

19) Here is a jigsaw of Incantation. There are no wrong answers: Just tell me your time.

20) Obviously, Mirren Hogan and I rub shoulders with a number of well-regarded authors. Our last question has to do with one of their offerings. So, how many heroes are there (not counting our heroine)?


1 comments:

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    Do not put your answers in the comments. It will ruin the fun for everyone else and won't be counted. Make sure to send them to the address instead.

    And, hey, if you're one of my readers and did all this without following any links, you can have BOTH prizes so make note on your entry.

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations