May Have to Mix Things Up

>> Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm finding myself disheartened by writing. Too much revising what I've done before, not enough real writing. And, of course, I'm working on agent queries which depresses me no end.

I think I need a little break to get my bearings and come rushing in on something I'm inspired over and work on the revisions when I need a breather or need to build more inspiration.

If I'm not enjoying what I'm writing, it shows in the actual writing. That's not good. I gotta love it. Maybe no one else will no matter what, but, if I don't love it it's all for naught.

4 comments:

  • Jeff King
     

    I just over came my problem with this, and i hope you get over it soon.

    i don't know what it was or exacly what i did to get over it... or i would tell ya, but i am sure you will find your own way.

    best of luck

  • Richard
     

    You have my sympathies on the agent queries. Once you get serious about putting your work out to professionals who judge its marketability for a living, the rejections pile up quickly. It can be very disheartening.
    I'd tell you that there's light at the end of the tunnel for those who persevere, but I'm still walking in the dark myself. At least I can reassure you that you're not alone in the effort. Good luck.

  • Darrell B. Nelson
     

    I second Richard's thought that you're not alone. I just got over that myself, and the advise that I got from you and Grant really helped so I'll tell it back to you. Write something different, just for fun. Don't worry about anyone else seeing it, don't worry if it's original, don't worry if anyone else in the world would like it. And whatever you do don't worry if it has your "style" in fact try to break away from your "style" for this piece.
    You never know you could look it back over one last time before deleting it and say, "Hey, this is pretty good." and need to share it with the world. That's what happened to me.

  • The Mother
     

    Agent queries are the bane of writing. We need to revolt, start a new system.

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations